Domotz ServiceNow Integration
This integration aims to help MSPs and IT Professionals have better tracking and troubleshooting of network and device issues that are discovered by Domotz.
Setting up Domotz ServiceNow Integration
You can connect your ServiceNow account to Domotz. It will become one of the Contact Channels available when creating a Shared Alert. This means that you can create or update a ServiceNow ticket when a specific event occurs in Domotz.
- ServiceNow Domain Name
- ServiceNow API User
- ServiceNow API Password
Request your ServiceNow Instance
Once you have registered on ServiceNow, log in to your account and select Request an Instance. You’ll receive your Domain Name, your API User Name, and your Password automatically via email including the following URL:
ServiceNow Contact Channel creation
Now that you have all the needed information from your ServiceNow account, you can proceed with connecting it to Domotz following these steps:
- Click on the Connect Account button under the Shared Alerts and Ticketing Systems section on Domotz:
- Type in ServiceNow API URL in the following format
- Paste your API User and API Password, then click Save:
Your ServiceNow account is now connected with Domotz.
- Click on Manage Agents and select to which ServiceNow Assignment groups each Domotz Agent should create a support ticket.
If you don’t select a ServiceNow Assignment group for an Agent, the ticket won’t be delivered.
You are now able to use the Contact Channel for ServiceNow, within the Shared Alert profile.
- Once the Shared Alert profile is created, apply the Shared Alert to the Agents and Device for which you are willing to automatically open tickets in your ServiceNow.