How Do I Move my Domotz Agent to New Hardware Without Losing My Configuration?
In order to migrate a Domotz Agent to new hardware or to a new Domotz Box, you will need to involve our Support team to make the switch. When you contact Support and open a case you will need to provide information about the agent you’re moving from and the agent you’re moving to.
You can provide the name or mac address of the Domotz agent you want to move by logging into your account. You will also need to provide the mac address of the new Domotz agent installed on the new hardware. Our Support team will use this information to swap the agents for you.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Stop the Domotz Agent running on your original hardware.
2. Contact Domotz support and provide us with the name of the Agent you stopped and want to move as well as the MAC address of the new hardware
3. Wait until the Domotz Support team has confirmed that they have modified our system and transferred the agent configuration.
4. Start the new Domotz agent on the new hardware or just plug-in the new Domotz Box. Wait for 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Connect to the following URL from your web-browser: http://[ipaddress]:3000. The [ipaddress] is the address of the new hardware. You can get this IP Address using the Fing Network Scanner or any other network scanning tool.
6. Once you connect to the Agent, login to your Domotz account with your credentials and you will see the button “Resume Agent” which will complete the copy process of your previous configuration.